Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Midsummer Day Wedding


Feel like a Greek goddess without buying an expensive gown!


An infinity dress can be styled in so many ways that you would definitely feel like you're getting your money's worth with every piece you buy. This, among many other practical reasons, is why I decided to use infinity dresses for my wedding entourage.

I decided to wear the infinity dress I bought online to a friend's wedding so I could experience how it would feel like before making my entourage go through the same thing.

The challenge was to find the right undergarment.

The key is to decide what style you want first and decide on the undergarment later. For this particular occasion, I decided to go for the cross back style because it was fairly easy to do and it felt the most comfortable for me (since my infinity dress did not come with a matching bandeau).


It is important to pick an infinity dress with good quality fabric as well. The problem is that many suppliers out there sell infinity dresses with thin fabric. They tend to be so thin that even seamless undergarments do not help. This is why i decided to get my own fabric and have a seamstress make the infinity dresses for me. This way, I would have more control over the color and quality of the fabric. And if you buy your fabric in Divisoria, it becomes cheaper too.

To accessorize, I chose the Hunter Gatherer necklace from Summer Soul Gypsy, one of my favorite boho-inspired online shops.


I love this necklace because it can be used for many other outfits as well (which I would probably show in later blog posts). Plus, I chose a color combination that is perfect for the humid temperature here in the Philippines.

What I loved most about this outfit is the fact that it looked really good for both outdoor and indoor photo shoots. Perfect for wedding photoshoots! Below are the shots taken inside the hotel wedding reception venue of my friend's wedding.



Would you wear an infinity dress?  If yes, how would you style your infinity dress? 

Do you think it is a good idea to let your wedding entourage wear infinity dresses? I would love to know your opinion! Leave a comment and tell me what you think!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! :) Feel free to add me in your Google+ Circles!