Monday, January 23, 2017

Kal Features: Harry Potter - Hogwarts Deluxe Stationery Set


I was in high school when the first Harry Potter book came out. And just like any other Potterhead my age, we literally grew up reading this book series.

Despite being a huge Harry Potter fan, I am rather picky when it comes to buying collectibles and memorabilia. I do not buy just anything with the Harry Potter name attached to it. After all, I'm a cheapskate. :P But when I first saw the Hogwarts Deluxe Stationary Set, I instantly fell in love! I simply could not let go of the box, so I decided to just let go of my money. Hihi.

This is what the unopened box looked like.


After unwrapping, you will immediately notice how nice the exterior of the box is.


Inside, you will find 1 Hogwarts leather journal, 1 Hogwarts wax seal, 2 gold wax candles, 1 paperweight, and of course, a 10-piece Hogwarts seal stationery + envelope set.


In my opinion, the best part of the set is the Hogwarts wax seal. The handle feels (and looks) like wood, giving it a rather authentic feel.



The Hogwarts leather journal is lined on the inside (I believe this retails for approx. 800+ on its own), and the illustration pages are pretty amazing as well! I love it!






The paperweight is okay, but I would have liked it better if it came in a different color. (Maybe gold, copper, or burgundy?)


The stationery + envelope set itself is unremarkable, but I think that's okay. It's something you'd want to actually use (and not just keep). So I guess that's a good thing, if you wanted to be a more pragmatic collector.


The entire set costs around 1600+ pesos at National Book Store, but I was able to get it at 10% off during a book fair. However, if you are a Potterhead like me, you wouldn't really mind paying for the full price.

Overall, I would totally recommend this to anyone who is considering to buy it.



My Rating: 10/10



I hope you enjoyed reading my blog post! Are you a Harry Potter fan too? Please leave a comment and let me know your thoughts!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! :) Feel free to add me in your Google+ Circles!