Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Personal Style: Back to the 90s


One of my very first fashion inspirations came from an American teen 90's sitcom called "Clarissa Explain It All."

The show follows the life of a normal teenager named Clarissa Darling as she literally explains to the audience her thoughts about typical pre-adolescent concerns like school life, boys, acne, etc. Sort of like a video blog.

Clarissa did vlogs before it was cool! :D

I can't really remember how old I was when I first encountered this show, but I do remember how much I loved it. In fact, I loved it so much that it literally affected the way I dressed for several years until college. (On a side note, I totally shipped Clarissa and Sam in that show! Lol!)




Incidentally, today was the perfect day to post an outfit with this color scheme!


This particular outfit reminded me so much of the fashion in that show, which was totally 90's! Of course, I added some of my own personal touches, and the Farah skirt in yellow from Shop Thrift Market was perfect for it!

Farah Skirt: Shop Thrift Market

The origami cut out of the skirt added a little bit of quirkiness needed to complete my overall look. I still have a couple of outfit ideas that would look good with this skirt, and I'm really looking forward to wearing this again!

The Farah skirt from Shop Thrift Market also comes in other colors as well, and it would be a nice piece to have in your wardrobe so you could spruce up an outfit and make it more interesting!

Last but not the least, I rocked this look wearing the black creepers bought from Projectshoephoria (as if I didn't have enough creepers already, lol!)

I love these creepers because they looked like the "bulldog shoes" that was so "in" when I was still in Grade School. I really wanted to wear bulldog shoes at the time, but it was prohibited in my school. So yeah, now I'm wearing it! Yolo, y'know! Wear what you want! Lol!



What did you think of this look? Did you watch "Clarissa Explains It All" before too? Please leave a comment below because I would really love to know!

Thank you so much for reading and I hope you have a thrifty day!






8 comments:

  1. You're such a cutie! I can't get over your pretty smile! ❤️ I love that pop of yellow babe. Looks great!

    Xoxo,
    Amal
    www.msdimples0428.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Amal! :) For that nice compliment and also for taking the time to visit my blog and leaving a comment! I really appreciate it!

      Delete
  2. Hi, Kal. I just want to drop by and let you know that I like your outfit posts on IG. You really send a good vibe with your ootd shots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by, Elle! I really appreciate that encouraging comment of yours, too! It's really nice of you to take the time to leave a comment here and tell me that! :)

      Delete
  3. Neon looks absolutely stunning on you! I especially love the origami detail of your skirt :) It looks great with black!

    Best,
    Christina

    looksbylau.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christina! :) Yes, the origami detail is very unique and interesting! I love it too! :)

      Delete
  4. I had never put my finger on it before. But your style really does have a cute 90s flare. lol it all makes sense now!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! :D I never realized that until I started blogging about my style too! Hahaha! :))

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment! :) Feel free to add me in your Google+ Circles!